From 1st January to 31st December 2012.
- I may make additions to this list, but under no circumstances may I make deletions.
- One-off items completed to be marked
like this(completion date: details, if any). I got this idea from Heidi's list of Goals for 2010.
- Deadline for review of all items is the 31st December 2012.
- Look after my mom, my niece, my dogs, my family, my friends, and myself.
- Practice my spirituality.
- Look after my health.
- Reduce my carbon footprint.
- Support the charities that make the world a better place.
- Remain calm at all times.
- Travel a wee bit.
- Have somewhere to live.
- And something to live in.
- Have some kind of income.
- Sort out the acre one way or the other; either set it up, or, if Ian's planning permission falls through, sell it.
- And most of all, enjoy myself as much as possible.
- Take a breath before I speak.
- Speak only if what I'm going to say is kind, truthful, and necessary.
- Meditate for at least five minutes.
- Exercise for at least thirty minutes.
- Sleep at least eight hours a night.
- Go to bed by midnight at least one night a week.
- Drink two litres of water.
- Take a daily multivitamin and supplements (garlic, evening primrose oil, iron).
- Eat better: More organic veggies, pulses, and fruit. Less fat, salt, sugar, and processed foods.
- Be well groomed.
- Check my diary every morning.
- Make a to-do list every morning.
- Actually do the stuff on my to-do list.
- Stop swearing.
- Have a break where I put my feet up, drink some tea, eat some chocolate, and read or watch something.
- Eat vegan.
- Buy nothing new, except for food, cleaning products (e.g. soap) and toiletries (e.g. moisturiser), medical items (e.g. medicine, spectacles), essential craft or repair materials, and essential items (e.g. underwear, shoes) that wear out and can't be repaired or bought second-hand.
- Get rid of leather products.
- Don't buy anything animal-tested.
- Continue ALF activities.
- Work on being a better aunt.
- Work on being a better friend.
- See my friends more often.
- Take no crap off my friends.
- Take no crap off anyone.
- Help Joan and Robin find a new place to live.
- Write to Tanni in summer and at Christmas.
- Visit Arthur every quarter.
Going out & entertainment
- Get out more.
- Go out at least once a week, preferably on Friday and/or Saturday night each weekend.
- Keep my inbox clear.
- Leave feedback for every piece of fanfiction I read/vid I watch.
- Keep current with my circle/flist.
- Post on my blog more often, at least once a month.
- Validate the xhtml and css of all my sites.
- Actually update my sites with actual content.
- Back up my files and put a reminder in my diary.
- Declutter my server.
- Declutter my bookmarks.
- Finish tidying, organising, and decluttering all my stuff.
- Declutter my jewellery boxes.
- Deal with my bags.
- Sell the bags I don't want on eBay.
- Donate, recycle or give away any that I can't sell.
- Stock my bag sensibly.
- Declutter my living space.
- Sort out all the storage boxes in the den.
- Declutter the bookcases.
- Finish sorting out John's stuff.
- Do basic car maintenance.
- Read tarot.
- Play (or start playing) a keyboard instrument.
- Have an income.
- Create a budget, i.e. figure out how much money I actually need per annum.
- Figure out some way to make money that doesn't involve doing anything boring or immoral.
- Start doing it.
- Sell one item on Etsy.
- Open website to sell services I provide.
- Sell one service.
- Get my eBay seller feedback count up.
- Have some savings.
Books & music
- Read at least two books a month, from the supply on my shelves.
- Read everything I can find by Euripides.
- Also everything available by Homer.
- And the Oresteia.
- And the Sagas.
- And the Gospels, starting with Mark.
- And the rest of the Bible.
- Learn one song off by heart.
Give the car a good scrub.(15th May)
- Check the boot for proper equipment, e.g. first aid kit, spare tyre, tools, maps.
- Check the battery, oil, water, and tyre pressure on the car and put a reminder in my diary.
- Put the NCT, tax, and insurance expiry dates in my diary.
- Plan A: Go travelling until my brother's planning permission comes through and then get the acre habitable a.s.a.p.
- Have the acre fenced.
- Install a gate.
- Put up a hard standing for vehicles.
- Put up a shed, glasshouse, or other structure on the acre.
- Dig a well.
- Install a water supply.
- Install a sink, toilet, and shower.
- Plant a garden.
- Acquire a yurt or similar structure.
- Sleep in my yurt.
- Get a woodburner.
- Spend 24 hours on the acre.
- Think of a better name for the acre than 'the acre.'
- Plan B: If my brother's planning permission doesn't come through, sell the acre, and use the cash to buy a shelter elsewhere.
- Go travelling to the Artic Circle.
- Get a tattoo.
- Visit Cork.
- Visit Uisneach.
- Attend Viking re-enactment group and embrace my inner Valkyrie.
- Plant a tree.
- Throw a party.
- Have a bonfire.
- Watch a sunset.
- Look at the stars.