For the year from 27th May 2010.
- I may make additions to this list, but under no circumstances may I make deletions.
- One-off items completed to be marked
like this(completion date: details, if any). I got this idea from Heidi's list of Goals for 2010.
- Deadline for review of all items is the 27th May 2011.
- Look after my dad, my mom, my niece, my dogs, my family, my friends, and myself.
- Practice my spirituality.
- Look after my health.
- Reduce my carbon footprint.
- Support the charities that make the world a better place.
- Remain calm at all times.
- Have somewhere to live and something to live in.
- Have some kind of income.
- Take a breath before I speak.
- Speak only if what I'm going to say is kind, truthful, and necessary.
- Meditate for at least five minutes.
- Exercise for at least thirty minutes.
- Sleep at least seven hours a night.
- Go to bed by midnight at least one night a week.
- Drink two litres of water.
- Take vitamins and supplements (garlic, evening primrose oil, iron).
- Eat more organic veggies, pulses, and fruit. Less fat, salt, sugar, and processed foods.
- Pay more attention to grooming, e.g. apply moisturizer, put on lipstick, file my nails, get my hair cut occasionally.
- Check my diary every morning.
- Make a to-do list every morning.
- Actually do the stuff on my to-do list.
- Stop swearing like a drunken sailor who's just stubbed his or her toe.
- Have a break where I put my feet up, drink some tea, eat some chocolate, and read or watch something trashy.
- Eat vegan.
- Buy nothing new, except for food, cleaning products (e.g. soap) and toiletries (e.g. moisturiser), medical items (e.g. medicine, spectacles), essential craft or repair materials, and essential items (e.g. underwear, shoes) that wear out and can't be repaired or bought second-hand.
- Get rid of leather products.
Get rid of animal-tested stuff.(31st January 2011) Join the ALF.(18th November 2010) Do my duty as a warden.(13th May 2011: Finished my term of office.)
- Work on being a better aunt.
- Work on being a better friend.
- See my friends more often.
- Take no crap off my friends.
- Take no crap off anyone.
Write to Joan and Robin in summer and at Christmas.(1st January 2011) Write to Tanni in summer and at Christmas.(1st January 2011)
- Avoid Arthur.
Going out & entertainment
- Get out more.
- Go out at least once a week, preferably on Friday and/or Saturday night each weekend.
- Note my progress with both of these goals on the weekend shenanigans tracker.
Go to the cinema at least once.(31st May 2010, Robin Hood) Go to the theatre at least once.(12th June 2010, Woody Allen's Old Saybrook by the No Drama Players at the Smock Alley Theatre) Go to a concert at least once.(5th June 2010, Flamenco Sin Fronteras by Paco Pena at the National Concert Hall) Go to a folk club at least once.(29th May 2010, Peter Baxter at the Seamus Ennis Centre) Go to a nightclub at least once.(13th November 2010: D & M's engagement party at Howl at the Moon)
- Use goodsearch instead of google.
- Keep my inbox clear.
- Leave feedback for every piece of fanfiction I read.
- Keep current with my flist.
Investigate DW.(17th November 2010) Research it. Check my flist and see what their DW usernames are. Subscribe to their DW journals. Buy a year's paid time. Do something about the style. Change my bookmarks.
- Post on my blog more often.
- Validate the xhtml and css of all my sites.
- Actually update my sites with actual content.
- Back up my files and put a reminder in my diary.
- Declutter my server.
- Declutter my bookmarks.
- Tidy, organise and declutter all my stuff, and note my progress on the declutter tracker.
- Declutter my jewellery boxes.
- Set aside the jewellery I actually like and wear.
- Ask L to fix the broken pieces.
- Donate or recycle or give away the remainder.
- Deal with my bags.
Go through my bags and decide which to keep and which I don't need.
- Sell the bags I don't want on eBay.
- Donate, recycle or give away any that I can't sell.
- Stock my bag sensibly (i.e. yes to a notebook and a pen, no to fourteen lipsticks and a sweet wrapper).
Declutter the bathrooms. Declutter my bathroom cabinet and toss anything I'm allergic to or that dates back to the Paleozoic Era.(31st January 2011) Declutter the shower room cupboard.(7th July 2010)
Declutter my bedroom. Hang up the curtains.(30th July 2010) Tidy my bedroom.(30th July 2010) Stick all the postcards and pictures that I've saved up on the wall.(1st October 2010) Declutter the chest of drawers.(30th July 2010) Declutter the boxes under the bed.(1st October 2010) Declutter the boxes and suitcases beside the bed.(1st October 2010) Declutter the bedside table.(30th July 2010) Declutter the wardrobe and donate anything I dislike, that doesn't fit, or that is made of polyester.(30th July 2010)
- Declutter my living room.
- Sort out all the storage boxes in the den.
- Declutter the bookcases.
Declutter my paperwork. Sort out the towering inbox of doom.(31st January 2011) Get a filing cabinet, go through my papers, and file everything correctly.(4th November 2010) Keep on top of incoming mail.(4th November 2010) Prepare an instant-desk box.(18th November 2010)
- Learn to dance.
- Learn to do maintenance on my bus and car.
- Learn to garden.
- Learn to read tarot.
- Start learning to play the organ.
- Have an income.
- Create a budget, i.e. figure out how much money I actually need per annum.
- Figure out some way to make money that doesn't involve doing anything boring or immoral.
- Start doing it.
Open Etsy store/website.(31st May 2010)
- Sell one item.
- Open website to sell services I provide.
- Sell one service.
- Get my eBay seller feedback count up.
- Have some savings.
Open a savings account.(31st January 2011) Take 10 per cent of current funds and stash it in my savings account.(31st January 2011) Sell as much decluttered stuff as possible and stash that income too.(31st January 2011)
- Lodge 10 per cent of all income to my savings account.
Books & music
- Read at least two books a month, from the supply on my shelves.
- Read everything I can find by Euripides.
- Also everything available by Homer.
- And the Oresteia.
- And the Sagas.
- And the Gospels, starting with the oldest, Mark.
- And the rest of the Bible.
Get a library card.(26th June 2010)
- Learn one song off by heart.
- Give the bus a good scrub.
- Check the boot for proper equipment, e.g. first aid kit, spare tyre, tools, maps.
Give the car a good scrub.(15th October 2010)
- Check the boot for proper equipment.
- Paint my car a colour I like.
- Think of a better name for the bus than 'the bus.'
- Check the battery, oil, water, and tyre pressure on the bus and car and put a reminder in my diary.
Have the acre legally transferred into my name. Find a solicitor. Consult solicitor. Acquire valuation. Pay valuer (200 euro). Acquire folio number of land registry document.(Not possible. The farm isn't registered with the land registry. Its deeds are held on the old deed registers, not the modern computerised land registry. Advised to acquire a copy of the memorial of deeds from the deed registry instead.) Acquire memorial of deeds (20 euro). Acquire certified Ordnance Survey of Ireland map. (30 euro) Ring the Brother's solicitor and ask for copy of original deeds. Acquire surveyor. Have acre drawn on OSI map by surveyor, in consultation with the Brother. Pay surveyor (200 euro).(2nd October 2010) Lodge papers with solicitor so she can prepare the deed of conveyance.(2nd July 2010, dropped off the papers at Caitriona's office) Get my brother to sign the deed of conveyance, and sign it myself.(YAY! 4th October 2010.) Pay solicitor.(Paid 500 euro by cheque, 14th October 2010) Pay stamp duty.(Paid 100 euro by cheque, 14th October 2010)
- Pay capital gains tax.
Registration with Land Registry.(17th November 2010) Pick up original deed from the solicitor's office.(28th January 2011)
- Get the acre into a habitable condition.
- Have the acre fenced.
- Install a gate.
- Put up a shed or other structure on the acre.
- Dig a well.
- Install a water supply.
- Install a sink, toilet, and shower.
- Plant a garden.
- Convert the bus into a campervan.
Acquire sink. Acquire cooker.
- Acquire bed.
- Acquire table.
Hire carpenter. Install cabinet to hold sink and cooker.(26th July 2010)
- Install sink.
Install cooker.(27th July 2010)
- Install bed.
- Install table.
- Install curtain rails.
- Put up some curtains.
- Get the bus legally reclassified as a camper.
- Get the bus legally reclassified as an Irish vehicle.
- Have the bus checked out by an engineer.
- Insure the bus.
- Get the bus taxed.
- Sleep in my campervan.
- Apply icing to the cake.
- Acquire a yurt or similar structure for extra space.
- Sleep in my yurt.
- Get a woodburner.
- Spend 24 hours on the acre.
- Think of a better name for the acre than 'the acre.'
- Get a tattoo.
- Visit Cork.
Visit Eamhain Mhacha.(24th October 2010, it was brilliant!)
- Visit Uisneach.
- Attend Viking re-enactment group and embrace my inner Valkyrie.
Leave the county at least once.(21st June 2010, visited the Niece in Tipperary) Leave the country at least once.(5th to 7th January 2011, London)
- Go swimming.
- Plant a tree.
- Throw a party.
- Have a bonfire.
- Watch a sunset.
- Look at the stars.